GreenForce is working with Dr Jolly’s to find their ideal Extraction Lab Director for their extraction labs located in Bend, OR.
– Wage and benefits package are competitive.
– 30-day trial period. Goal for after 30 days is to be completely proficient in all requirements below.
– When 30 days have finished and all requirements are met, wage compensation will be dependent on skills and experience. This is a performance-based position.
9 hours shifts, anywhere between 8am-8pm Monday-Friday, weekend availability required. Lunch depending on workload (time of day will vary). Hours per week: 40-45 hours.
– BS/BA Degree in Chemistry/Engineering or related field required.
– 5+ years of relevant experience as a Lab Director in a licensed cannabis manufacturing facility.
– 4+ years of operational experience with hydrocarbon extraction.
– 2+ years of operational experience with ethanol extraction, concentrate and oil post-processing, distillation and formulation.
– 3+ years of METRC software experience.
– Any experience in developing a cannabis manufacturing facility from concept to operations is highly preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Responsible for increasing operational efficiency and reducing waste, increasing run times
– Operating highly sophisticated extraction equipment; Processing concentrates and extracts
– Perform in-process and post-process quality assurance testing and conducting visual inspections to ensure all product meets or exceed specifications and expectations
– Oversee extraction, production, planning, processing, and scheduling
– Operate, maintain, and make adjustments to extraction laboratory equipment such as liquid chromatography systems, pumps, scales, glassware, evaporators, distillation, chillers and other laboratory equipment following current good practices and standard operating procedures.
– Ensure that all regulatory compliance, including safety, environmental, and documentation requirements and all other data generated by the laboratory team meets quality control requirements.
– Maintain accountability and inventory of all supplies, raw materials, finished products. and equipment by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
– Demonstrated confidence, including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
– Work directly with the Executive Management team to define expected outcomes, identify issues and resolve through corrective action
– Interview, hire and manage new employees
– Ensures 100% compliance involving proper weighing, data recording, product tracking and security throughout all processes
– Consistently operates in an efficient manner that also complies with all OSHA regulations, SOP’s, OLCC, and all applicable required procedures set by the company
– Responsible for ensuring each product is properly labeled in compliance with OLCC
– Cleaning and maintenance of extraction equipment and laboratory facility following current good manufacturing practices (cGMP), and standard operating procedures; complying with legal regulations; monitoring environment
– Monitor and maintain production of the facility in accordance with the safety and sanitation laws, procedures, rules, and regulations
– Responsible for the preparation of material to be processed in accordance with daily tasks
– Ensures consistency and efficacy of product through quality control testing
– Performs all assigned duties required to ensure a clean and safe production facility
– Maintain accurate extraction production logs
– Ability to thoroughly control all laboratory production equipment in a safe environment
– Full operation of extraction equipment and a comprehensive understanding of the process
– Extreme attention to detail required
– Accurately weigh and pack material columns to preassigned weights, clean material columns, dispose of waste
– Clearly Tag (using metrc UID) all tubes
– Maintaining all freezers cleanliness, organization, and function check daily (product is frozen)
– Preparing raw materials for production
– Maintaining accurate inventory and tagging procedures
– Clean and sanitize all lab equipment
– Sweep and mop lab and all lab work areas
– Assist with the beginning of day extractions preparations
– Assist with cleaning and sanitizing production equipment
– Assist with the nightly checklist
– Clean bathroom when assigned
– Do not show up to work impaired (including cannabis)
– Lead by example
– Be confident and comfortable answering all safety questions and concerns
– Be confident answering all METRC related questions and concerns
– Must show high initiative and work ethic
– Self-reliant on break length and frequency
– Staying on task
– Working quickly without sacrificing the quality, consistency, or integrity of the product
– Being clean and sanitary at all times
– Punctual, dependable, and reliable